Sunday, October 11, 2009

Production of the Font Cover

To make my front cover I used Adobe Photoshop.
With the ideas from my draft in my head I started by taking some photos of my good friend Samuel L Whitlow. I made sure that all where taken in medium close up and on a white background cutting easier.

Once I had chosen my image I proceeded to cut it out with the magnetic lasso tool.
After Whitlow was nicely cut out, I made a background that was both eye catching and empowering. This background is made up of triangles centred about his hands.
The next step was to place our school in his hands. I did this by first cutting and placing an image of a model of our school on the cover.
Then cut around and copied whitlow’s hands onto another layer in front.

To make the school sit better I had to skew it slightly.

I then added and edited the mast head via blending options. I added a drop shadow and an emboss to make it more interesting

I did the same for the cover line as well. Which I chose to do in a less formal font.

No comments:

Post a Comment